This time I will be training women who are opening an ICE CREAM PARLOR. Yes, you read it correctly. It is called “Sweet Dreams.” Bpeace has partnered with the owners of an Ice Cream Parlor that has 3 locations in Brooklyn called “Blue Marble Ice Cream.” Their company is working with Ingoma Nshya, Rwanda's pioneer all-women drumming group, in establishing the country’s first ever ice cream shop in Butare, Rwanda. On top of that, I will be staying at a hotel that is owned by a Bpeace Associate that we have worked with previously, and now she owns TWO Hotels.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Some background on my fourth trip to Rwanda with Bpeace
I’m heading back to Rwanda in May, and as usual I am excited about the opportunity to conduct my usual training session called “Tracking Your Finances.” I’ve been volunteering with Bpeace for a number of years, and will be working in Rwanda for several weeks. Can’t wait to get there!!!!
This time I will be training women who are opening an ICE CREAM PARLOR. Yes, you read it correctly. It is called “Sweet Dreams.” Bpeace has partnered with the owners of an Ice Cream Parlor that has 3 locations in Brooklyn called “Blue Marble Ice Cream.” Their company is working with Ingoma Nshya, Rwanda's pioneer all-women drumming group, in establishing the country’s first ever ice cream shop in Butare, Rwanda. On top of that, I will be staying at a hotel that is owned by a Bpeace Associate that we have worked with previously, and now she owns TWO Hotels.
As you can see, Bpeace works with entrepreneurs in a country where creating employment can mean the difference in preventing future violence. I hope you can provide the tax-deductible financial support to make this dream a reality.
This time I will be training women who are opening an ICE CREAM PARLOR. Yes, you read it correctly. It is called “Sweet Dreams.” Bpeace has partnered with the owners of an Ice Cream Parlor that has 3 locations in Brooklyn called “Blue Marble Ice Cream.” Their company is working with Ingoma Nshya, Rwanda's pioneer all-women drumming group, in establishing the country’s first ever ice cream shop in Butare, Rwanda. On top of that, I will be staying at a hotel that is owned by a Bpeace Associate that we have worked with previously, and now she owns TWO Hotels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment